Finding the right entertainment for your big day is like searching an internet dating site. You can see pictures of hundreds of potential candidates, but until you meet them in person or talk to them over the phone, you don’t really know how compatible you really are.
It’s the same principle when searching for entertainment for your wedding, corporate holiday party or fundraiser. There are thousands of entertainers who could be the perfect match, but you need to call a booking agent so they can find out who’s compatible with your big day. That human connection with your agent is important, and for very good reasons:
- You can get to know your booking agent, and they can get to know you. Every couple is different. Every company has its own culture. With just a short conversation, you can give them information about your event and guests, and they can connect with the entertainers that make your event memorable.
- Matches you with entertainment that fits your guests’ demographic. This is true for any party…wedding, company holiday party, fundraiser, etc. Your booking agent can connect you with the entertainer suitable for the age group of your crowd, creating a wonderful atmosphere with entertainment appropriate to their tastes.
- If you’re hosting a non-profit fundraiser, you can inquire about pricing. Are you a business trying to throw a fundraiser for your favorite non-profit? Or a non-profit getting planning a gala? Contact us for pricing that fits your fundraising event budget.
- Your booking agent can learn about your theme and select characters and entertainers that take it over the top. Even though two parties may have the same theme, each party is a different take with vastly different décor, guests and venues. If you e-mail your theme, the booking agent doesn’t get the whole picture. The result: entertainers that don’t match your vision, and entertainment that doesn’t fit your event.
- It won’t take long. Booking agents are busy and so are you. They won’t take up any more of your time than needed, while still getting the vital information they need to find the entertainer(s) that fit your event and crowd. Remember, these are professional booking agents with years of experience. They won’t waste your time, just use every second of the conversation to match you with quality entertainment.
While e-mailing your event details may seem like a good idea, put down that laptop and pick up your phone. Call your booking agent, so they can connect you with one of hundreds of entertainers that could be your perfect match. This is one time where technology is not always the right tool, and it certainly won’t bring entertainers that are compatible for your unique event.