A company picnic is supposed to be fun, right? Yet, for some reason, so many companies and event planners plan a company picnic without entertainment. The result is a bunch of people standing around—and a lot of employees (and their families) staying home from another boring company party.
You can change your company picnic atmosphere by making a few changes during the planning process:
- Give this year’s company picnic a theme, such as a carnival or sports (we’ve listed 10 company picnic themes here). A company picnic theme gives you direction as you plan every detail.
- Choose a fun venue that is interactive and gives your employees an extra incentive to come. We’ve given you a few ideas for company picnic venues in our recent post.
- Contact an entertainment agent for entertainers that fits your company event and budget. An entertainment agent can select the best entertainers for the demographic of your guests, and coordinate your company picnic entertainment.
Entertainment Ideas for the Family Company Picnic
- Potato sack races
- Relay races
- Pool party
- Sand castle contest
- Scavenger hunt
- Bounce house
- Food-building activity (i.e. bugs out of marshmallows and toothpicks, food sculptures, etc.)
- Cooking s’mores
- Magicians can bring magic to your company picnic. Magicians are versatile company picnic entertainment because they can adapt to almost any crowd or event venue and provide tricks that wow guests of all ages.
- Jugglers are entertainers that are suitable for any company picnic crowd, and can mingle through your crowd and incorporate everyone into their act (including the boss!).
- Face painters may come to mind as company picnic entertainment only for the kids, but adults seem to enjoy their services as well. If you want another entertainer for adults at your company picnic as well, ask an entertainment agent about caricature artists. The face painters can keep the children entertained while the caricature artists give the adults some artsy entertainment as well.
- Musicians are a mainstay for company picnic entertainment, and it’s easy to see why. Just ask us about singers that can include children and adults into their acts, or for a children’s singer for one stage, and a singer more suited to adults for another area.
Entertainment Ideas for the Adult-Only Company Picnic
- Sports (basketball, softball, volleyball, etc.)
- Obstacle course
- Dunk tank
- Team-building activity
- Tug of war
- Entertainment ideas from the kid list (bingo, sack races, etc.)
Musicians are a company picnic entertainment favorite because they give your guests that ‘night-out’ feel. To select the best entertainer that fits your company picnic theme, contact an entertainment agent with an extensive list of choices—and the experience to know what act is perfect for your company picnic.
Impersonators are a big hit at company picnics with a retro theme. Ask your entertainment agent for an impersonator that fits the decade you’re planning your company picnic around, such as the 20’s or 50’s.
Comedians make a big impression on your guests—especially if your entertainment agent has access to the best acts in your area. For a personalized show, give your agent information about your company and picnic theme.
Hypnotists leave your company picnic attendees, well, hypnotized and give them a topic to talk about around the water cooler for years to come. These interactive entertainers bring your company picnic guests into the show so you can avoid the boring company picnic of the past.
Stiltwalkers are definitely a conversation starter as they mingle throughout the crowd. Perfect for a carnival theme or a circus, stilt walkers can keep your guests entertained and curious about what’s coming next.
This list is just a sample of company picnic entertainment that can bring a new level of fun to your annual employee picnic. If you are looking for more company picnic entertainment ideas, or want to book the top entertainers in Chicago, contact us. We can make sure that your picnic is a successful and fun company picnic everyone wants to come to, and everyone—-adults and kids—walk away happy.